…i.e., the Liebster Award.* I was nominated by TheGeekOutlet – thank you, kind gentles.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions:
What is your favorite food?
Bread and cheese / sandwiches. Berries, especially blueberries. Yogurt.
Are you into Android or Apple phones?
I wouldn’t say I’m that into it, but I use an iPhone. What I’m really into in the cell phone arena is low monthly fees and paying for your actual usage. When I still lived in Finland, my monthly bills hovered around $5. The cell plans in the U.S. are abominably bad, if you ask me.
What is your greatest fear?
Losing my cognitive abilities.
What is your favorite movie?
Currently, Joss Whedon’s Avengers. I’m a sucker for learning-to-work-together stories!
What was your purpose of blogging?
Originally, to help my family back in Europe keep tabs on what’s going on in my life here on the new continent. Now I blog about my home, work and hobbies.
Do you play video games? If yes, what is your favorite game?
My current favorite is Dance Dance Revolution.
Do you listen to music while you blog? If so, what genre of music?
Sometimes, if I’m in the mood or the writing doesn’t require a lot of concentration. I usually play folk-influenced pop, game or movie soundtracks, or pop or rock. Lately I’ve been in a Eurovision Song Contest kick.
If you had superpowers, would you use it as a hero or villain?
I’d like to believe I’d be a hero.
If you could meet someone deceased, who would you meet?
Jane Austen. Her writing is so layered and nuanced, there’s no question she had a first-rate mind. Also, while on the surface she adhered to the social conventions of her time, there’s a definite streak of irony and sarcasm in her demure, feminine fiction.
Who is your favorite celebrity?
This is a tough one. Sir Patrick Stewart for his stand against domestic violence. Mark Ruffalo for his work on water issues awareness.
Besides blogging, what are your hobbies?
Home dec, textile history, sewing, crafts, gaming, reading & watching, music, early (Finnish / Nordic) history, Anglo-Saxons, languages.
And here are 11 random facts about me:
- I’ve studied nine languages, including my native one and the (Finnish) sign language, but I can’t hold a conversation in all of them (anymore).
- I’m the oldest and the shortest of five siblings.
- I love tea, especially oolong, assam and Earl Grey.
- I love the color blue, especially greyish blues.
- My favorite time of the year is spring and rabbits are my favorite animals.
- I’m an extreme introvert, and
- I hate making phone calls. The Internet and e-mail help me optimize the way I work best; it’s really great.
- My favorite pastime is reading.
- I’m a word nerd.
- I love trees and woodsy areas.
- It takes a long time for me to get to know someone.
Finally, rather than name individual bloggers, I invite anyone who’d like to participate. Here are my 11 questions for you:
- What is your favorite board or card game?
- Which fictional character would you like to meet and why?
- Where would you like to travel and why?
- What is your least favorite food?
- Which fictional tv or movie character do you most admire?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you dance? If so, do you have a preferred style?
- Which historical period or location would you like to visit, and who would you take with you?
- Apples or oranges?
- How many languages do you speak or read?
- What skill (regular skill or superpower) do you wish you had?
Please link back if you choose to take part!
*) A concise explanation of the Liebster Award can be found at StarChaser187’s blog, if interested.